Wednesday, June 24, 2015

june discipline: daily gratitude and generosity

big inhale and exhale. aaaahhh i feel good. perspective changes when gratitude is overt. i am proof, it is a real thing. life is not perfect, no. but the good far outweighs the bad. almost always. we just have to be aware of it, speak it, write it, acknowledge it. as this month has progressed, i have felt more confident, more connected. i have had some of the best therapy sessions with my clients. i have been connecting with friends and strangers. yesterday i cried with the nail tech who painted my fingers and toes. she spoke of her 18 year old son deploying next month. a surge of emotion struck me. it was a shared acknowledgment that the world is difficult. we each have our own pain.
tomorrow i leave for a girls trip, i am thankful for these women in my life. here we were in 2013 at a beach house.



our ages range 20 years. 3 therapists, 1 psychologist, 1 psychiatrist. awesome women. this time we are soaring high into the Teton Mountains in Jackson Hole, WY!

recent happy-ings. see what i did there?

introducing grandparents to a selfie stick! 

spending any waking moment with these little men

tSwift. a beautiful soul!
'

seeing tSwift with my favorite 13 year old. 

my new motto

friendship

my grandma being adorable

a big night on the town w incredible friends

wish me safe travels, my wanderlust will never end!



   

2 comments:

gosara said...

I love your new motto! Will adopt as well ��

Tiffany said...

So great! PS: Loving the lighter brown hair! Rock on in the Tetons! Ha!

This site was made with love by Angie Makes