Thursday, April 30, 2015

monthly discipline: may

song pair: story of my life by one direction

january: do things differently herehere and here.
february: just make it hereherehere and here.     
march: mostly vegan herehereherehere and here.
april: wake up before the sun five days a week here, here and here

 april recap: i happily report an 86% on my april discipline. of the 22 weekdays, I woke up (and stayed up) 19 mornings. on 3 occasions i rolled over and went back to sleep. a B average is just right for me. it's been said that A students aren't historically the most successful. 
i loved this discipline. i have had lasting days and a great deal of reflection. i feel centered. 
this healthy habit will not end with april. 

May: exercise curiosity

when i tap into self awareness and ponder my personal characteristics, the word curious comes to mind. even as a young child, i have always asked questions. it was not uncommon for me to befriend my seat mate on an airplane, regardless of their age. i have always been curious about people and don't tire of hearing life stories. this trait has served me well in my chosen profession. my job is to ask thought provoking questions. i also believe being a psychotherapist has inhibited my curiosity trait. i don't always seek listening roles in my leisure time. while on vacation, southern gent and i usually don't meet new people. i think it's equal parts we get lost in our own happy world and also that i need a break from hearing people's tales. 
i know my personal curiosity has gotten lost. this month i am going to find it again.
do you ever notice yourself talking about the weather? the majority of conversation we have is on a surface level. below is a fuzzy graph of the level of intimacy in communication. join me in digging deeper. join me in asking more questions. not all my questions will be meaningful, i plan to ask silly questions too. discussion should be way more interesting. i will share my experience along the way. happy chatting! 



1 comment:

Joanie said...

I can attest to the curious nature!!! As a baby, this little one did not require a lot of sleep...naps? Not so much!! She wanted to be sitting up looking around and taking all of life in. In elementary school, if a shy child was sitting next to her they would be chatting it up in no time!! Some things never change...always amazing!!!

This site was made with love by Angie Makes