Monday, May 12, 2014

mom's day

we continued our Mother's Day brunch tradition on Sunday. below are a few past celebrations: we try new things every year. a different and unique experience, that wouldn't be executed on any given Sunday. 

2010: Second Empire

2011: Umstead High Tea


my mom was out of town in 2012...we rain-checked it. 


2013: Babylon


and this year...

i had never started my day with a beignet. now that i have, i see the world in a whole new way. 


everything should be served in a mini skillet. it was filled to the brim with shrimp and grits perfection. 


even the pepper dusting was divine.


the concept of a Mother's Day is a little awkward for a girl like me....but thankfully I was gifted with the understanding that life is meant to be celebrated. i have a very happy soul that is here to share and learn and thrive. i can't waste this time doing anything but good. my gifts are plenty and today the highlights were my two wonderful moms and a southern gent who loves me like crazy. the rest is just details. i hope you made the best of your Sunday. we sure did! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so good at making every day special, Lizzie!

This site was made with love by Angie Makes