Tuesday, April 1, 2014

i cooked a snack

song pair: Faster by Matt Nathanson

i am going to reveal a little bit about myself for a moment. i like products. i am a hungry consumer. i am also the kind of buyer the media knows how to captivate. i am especially prone to a favorite hollywood star promoting a product. if Gwyneth curates a collection of recipes, I am probably interested in it. If SJP were to develop a shoe line, I will definitely fund a pair. if Cameron Diaz writes a book, I am likely intrigued. if Julianne Hough mentions a smoothie recipe she loves, you may find me googling the book.
so when i was reading a recent subscription of Self Magazine and Jennifer Aniston dished about her health and beauty secrets, I tuned right in. The first question was about a favorite food. She briefly mentions frying strips of tortillas in coconut oil to make tortilla chips.
so guess how i spent my evening:







it was a solo night for me. so the only reviews come from me and the dogs. They each sampled a chip a.k.a. they inhaled it. (they inhale anything and everything, so we can't trust them completely). the good news is, i was very impressed and inhaled my chips too. i give this recommendation a huge thumbs up. light, crispy and unprocessed. 

2 comments:

Tiffany at GirlGoneCoastal said...

Yum! That looks good. Where do I get coconut oil?

Liz said...

It is so good! Whole Foods carries coconut oil as well as Harris Teeter! Check it out and report back :)

This site was made with love by Angie Makes