Wednesday, March 19, 2014

on the road again

song pair: On the Road Again by Willie Nelson


last week we had house guests. it was truly a delight. my cousin Kimmy and her family jetted to Raleigh from Arizona. i love inviting people into our home. i try my best to go the extra mile with warm welcomes into our abode. from fluffy towels to fluffy morning muffins. warm cookies in the evening and a trip to the Cupcake Shoppe one night too. several sporting events was perfect for this basketball loving crew. having Kimmy's high-school-aged girls with us was such a treat.


i spent one morning at a coffee shop with Ally. 
and was honored to help Kaylynne decide on a stunning prom dress at Nordstrom one afternoon.  

my pride in Raleigh has grown over the years. I love sharing the uniqueness of this town with others.  


and now it's my turn to skip town. insert squeals!


i am busy packing for my trip to sweet home Chicago! it will be a fun rendezvous with southern gent, in my hometown. he is there for work, i am there to support his work but also to play. i will stay three nights, at a different home each evening. three of my favorite friends are already making me feel welcomed into their homes. make new friends and keep the old. our lives are vastly different now, but our history together will always remain embedded in my heart and soul. as i finish up the final details before travel, i am reminded that every moment in life is fleeting. it is important to breathe in each hour before it passes. hug someone a little tighter...give that complement...lead with love. 
life is a gift. 
the good, the hard. all of it. 

No comments:

This site was made with love by Angie Makes