Wednesday, January 29, 2014

the evolution of a friendship

That's What Friends Are For by Dionne Warwick

Today I bid farewell to my closest friend in Raleigh. Her and her tribe of three are moving to Key West. What do you do when your favorite friend tells you she is moving? Well first you jump up and down with excitement for her. Then you find a place to privately cry your eyes out.

In 2010, I met my match! Virginia and I were both therapists at a rural mental health agency. When I spotted her, I knew I wanted to be her friend. She is sunshiny. Always smiling. So positive. We are both pescatarians. She is analytical and thoughtful and kind. Friendship in adulthood is not as easy to spark. Our similar style of living, intentionally evolved into a close friendship. Here is a brief recap of four years of fun!

At Damien and Virginia's wedding!

Soon after, she discovered her belly was expanding!

The celebrations began!



The day Camillia entered the world will be ingrained in me forever. 
When you don't have your own child, a dear friends child is close enough. 





Our time together changed a bit, but was equally delightful. I dropped in often and Virginia made delicious lunches to share. Her parental feeding style always impressed me. Camillia eats what her parents eat, fresh and local. 

We consistently support one another's milestones






So here we are, another one of life's milestones. 

Thank you, my friend, for being instrumental in making Raleigh my home sweet home.
Once you touch my heart, you are stuck with me forever. 

No comments:

This site was made with love by Angie Makes