Sunday, January 19, 2014

dining room project

One of my New Year resolutions is to join around the table more. I was completely captivated by a book I read last year, Bread & Wine. It chronicles the authors experiences around her dinner table. Food and friends are a love story for her. She loves feeding the people in her life. She enjoys creating intimacy at the dining table.
Imagine me, a girl who doesn't cook much, reading such a book. I have a little ways to go. So I am starting small and working my way toward this love story. Until that book, I sortof saw formal dining rooms as useless. Why even have one, I thought. But now I want to eat every morsel in a formal setting. 
We have a small breakfast dinette where we nibble. We also enjoy meals on counter seats at the kitchen island. 
But now...NOW we are building our dining room into an extra special space. I found a dining table that is made of reclaimed wood. I love the idea of mixing old and new. Rustic and modern. I have been layering the look, starting with the tablescape. 
Soon to come...a contemporary chandelier, art deco window panels and a patterned rug.    



1 comment:

Tiffany at GirlGoneCoastal said...

Looks good! Love it. The table is awesome!

This site was made with love by Angie Makes