Wednesday, December 11, 2013

polar express party


Last weekend my sis-in-law hostessed a Polar Express Party for some special little girls.
It was fit with pizza, a sugar cookie frosting station, holiday games, a stocking for each girl & homemade hot cocoa. 


To witness these little friendships bloom is quite a sight to see.

A few days before the party, I had an epiphany. Santa needed to come to the party. He needed to show up at the door. We needed some magic to happen. The extraordinary. So I rushed to the internet and started typing. 
I sent an email
Santa called me within minutes
I answered: "Santa?" 
He responded: "How do you know it's me? 
I said: "I just had a feeling."  

And a few days later, Santa arrived at the door. We asked the girls to answer the knocking. They ran to the door and flung it open. Their eyes were bright and the sparkle was wondrous. They couldn't keep their hands off of him.  
He gave them gifts and read a story. He spent an hour with them. It was magical. 



3 comments:

Christy Z said...

That's awesome! How wonderfully thoughtful for you to make that call!

gosara said...

Can Santa come to our pre-dinner gathering Saturday??

Maureen M. said...

OMG! I love it! Love! Love! Love!

This site was made with love by Angie Makes