Monday, December 9, 2013

holiday mail

song pairing: The Best by Tina Turner

My obsession for the mailbox is taken to a whole new level this time of year. I'm fascinated with receiving holiday cards. It's so fun to see how each card communicates a person or family's joy. I think about our holiday card throughout the year. I find inspiration all the time. I am quite unconventional, so I appreciate a unique image. I believe it was September when I asked our friend Julie for an hour of her time, to entertain a photo shoot. I shared my inspiration and she agreed to bring a few props. We met at my parents home. Their grass is so lush and the perfect shade of green. Southern gent and I arrived early. It was a dewy morning, so we scurried to dry an area of grass without getting our shoes too soaked. The dogs waited in the car. We carefully laid sheets down and a blanket over top. We set up the ladder. Julie brought pillows, crates, books & flowers. She effortlessly styles a shoot. Here are a few images and outtakes from that morning:








Ultimately, we loved this shot the best. i hope the joy of my family shines through. 

3 comments:

sally stansik said...

Your joy always shines through. This is awesome. Just like you. You probably have no idea how many lives you impact positively. Anything from you brightens my day and reminds me to up my positivity level! Never stop your blog! Your card is so great - thanks so much!

Megan said...

Love, love, love!

Tiffany at GirlGoneCoastal said...

Julie is amazing! Someday I'll get her to do a shoot for us too. Your cards are always the cutest! :)

This site was made with love by Angie Makes