Friday, November 29, 2013

use what you have

song pairing: Juliana by Cuco Valoy

Recently, I turned ordinary into extraordinary
I am always striving to add healthy elements to meals. I like to have greens as often as I can. I'm all about antioxidants. I believe that what I feed myself reflects through my skin and figure. I am certainly not gourmet, I eat cleanly and simply.
So when I was making nachos the other day. Yes it sounds counterproductive, but I promise they were heart healthy. I piled arugula, avocado, shredded cheddar, cucumbers & chunks of tomato onto a bed of blue corn chips. As I was preparing to spill the salsa on top, I realized I had a mango in my fruit bowl.

It was then that ordinary turned extraordinary.


This added flavor gave the salsa a cool edge.

No comments:

This site was made with love by Angie Makes