Wednesday, October 30, 2013

rewind: white water rafting

song pairing: Proud Mary by Creedence Clearwater Revival

Let's rewind to September for a moment.
My friend Eve-eeee and I went white water rafting in West Virginia. Eve is a youthful spirit. She is always up for a good time and has a hysterical sense of humor. We have conversations of great depth followed by zany, wacky, laugh-out-loud dialogue too. We bring out a very fun energy in one another and I know I can always count on her.
We were with Anna's Fire Rock Adventure Club! Anna is one of my local heroes. She is a hot mama of two, works full-time and is constantly thrill seeking. She thrives on sharing experiences with others. It's not enough for her to experience something, she wants you to feel it too. I call her my adventure sister.

So imagine spending the weekend with BOTH of these lovely ladies? Yep, it was epic.



Eve and I roomed with 4 semi-strangers. It was close quarters, but we didn't care. Thank goodness for iphone flash lights early morning and late at night.  


We secured our temporary tattoos, mine on my foot


Dinner was followed by roasting s'mores and sipping a few cold ones.



I seriously love the great outdoors. As long as the conditions are ideal! The campfire smell...no make-up...jeans & a fleece. Sign me up!


We awoke bright and early, layering up for action.


We signed our life away on waivers. Notice my aqua socks, I borrowed them from my Grandma.
I still need to get those back to her....warmth and comfort trump style, in the woods.


We rafted class IV rapids on the Lower Gauley all afternoon long.


It rained sideways all day, but it didn't phase us. We stopped for a gourmet lunch and hot chocolate along the way. 


The rest of the evening was spent getting warm and telling our war stories. Eve & I had way too much fun. 



My adventure sister. 

2 comments:

Rakel said...

amazing post! :D

Eve Cribbs, LCSW said...

I loved the experience with you! Thank you for having me along.

This site was made with love by Angie Makes