Wednesday, October 23, 2013

gums grafted

song pairing: Smile by Uncle Kracker

Here is a mega close-up of my mouth. No, it's not a cute picture. My gums were struggling. It was a combination of brushing too vigorously and genetics, I suppose. We all need strong gums to hold our teeth in place. Mine were beginning to fail me, so I took matters into my own hands and scheduled a procedure. For a girl who was voted 'Best Smile' in High School, my ivories are special to me.


The gum graft was possibly the best medical procedure I have ever experienced. The staff at Raleigh Periodontics truly exceeded my expectations. They were thorough and compassionate. They covered me with a soft blanket & placed headphones on me, assuring my comfort level. The care was exceptional. The doctor even phoned me the following day. The professionalism was top notch.  


This week has been a sort of staycation. I have enjoyed being home, just icing my face. Friends and family have visited with soup and milkshakes. Southern gent is a terrific caregiver. He takes the job seriously, which is very cute. 


Have you ever had cauliflower mashers? Boil cauliflower until it's ultra soft. Mash it up. Add whatever sounds tasty (cheese, butter, sour cream, maybe a splash of milk) and mix with a hand mixer. 
It's deliciousness and doesn't require a whole lot of chewing. 


Ok, maybe I'm getting a little stir crazy. I confess to ironing my sheets this morning. 
They get so wrinkly in the dryer, you know?

2 comments:

Sally Stansik said...

Get well soon Lizzie! Your posts are so incredibly inspiring. You are one of the most positive people I know. You find good things to say, even about GUM SURGERY! I enjoyed having Gale here last night. He's pretty awesome too. Hope you feel better fast so you can continue to spread joy like you do! xoxoxo

Liz said...

Thank you Sal! It's readers (and friends) like you who keep me happy!!! Love you xo

This site was made with love by Angie Makes