Sunday, September 22, 2013

older, getting wiser

It's my birthday month and I'll cry if I want to. Mostly tears of joy. Yes I cried on my birthday. Gratitude and struggle bring me to tears. This was the best birthday yet. I subscribe to the notion that things get better. Age brings grace. I am learning more and more what makes a birthday wonderful. The people you celebrate with and what you choose to celebrate.  
I started my day with a jog. My playlist was set to random. A couple select songs strangely spoke to me.
Music fuels my soul.

Born This Way, Lady Gaga
message: love and accept yourself
I Won't Give Up, Jason Mraz
message: through thick and thin
The Climb, Miley Cyrus
message: embrace adversity & enjoy the journey
Stronger, Kelly Clarkson
message: (in the chorus) struggle is character building

The weekend was a happy balance of southern gent, girl time & family love.
We started the month with a photo shoot. Here is a hint. a blanket, a ladder and my favorite photographer friend Julie! Insert us & our Christmas card is a wrap. I am so pleased with our snapshots. Except that I have to wait until December to share them. Here are images from the cards in 2010, 2011 and 2012.


one evening was spent at a local vegetarian friendly spot, Fiction Kitchen, with a few of my favorites.


southern gent took me downtown, our favorite place to be. hopscotch and first friday was booming with music and arts. we ate Lebanese and roamed the streets. i stumbled upon a t-shirt booth and celebrated my local pride!



on a special night I got my hair done and slipped into a red dress. it was a girls outing to The Caring Community Foundation Event. we drank champagne and boogied; all while supporting an important cause.


the final celebration was spent with family nibbling on brunch & sipping mimosas. a happy sigh.


i am not in fear of 35. in fact, it energizes me. 
i have relinquished any sense of urgency, it's the best way to blossom. 

1 comment:

Tiffany at GirlGoneCoastal said...

Happy, Happy Birthday! I admire you for enjoying life to the fullest despite its struggles! xoxoxoxo

This site was made with love by Angie Makes