Monday, August 19, 2013

head spin

There are so many things on the horizon right now, my head is spinning a little bit. A trip to Cleveland to celebrate my dad's 70th birthday, a Disney getaway with southern gent, a Charity Event, my 35th birthday, Taylor Swift concert with my niece, a white water rafting trip in WV, a friends wedding, the big 4-0 for southern gent, the start of hockey season & a Fall time beach trip! Oh and I am already thinking about my Christmas card.

And I thought summer was busy.

Amidst all of this, I want to be a thorough therapist and honest blogger. Is it all possible? Heck yeah!

This year I committed to putting all things aside and just living. Living the best life I know how. And I have. It's been amazing. I have more energy than I ever imagined. I am also taking time to stop and breath. I am saying both yes and no more often. The worst that can happen is I disappoint someone. It's liberating to choose things you love and simultaneously grant space to say no.

"20 years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the things you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." -Mark Twain

My morning smoothie helps feed me energy. Do you add coconut oil to your smoothie? My mom-in-law gave me the best tip ever. I am probably the last person to realize you can melt coconut oil. It was the best lightbulb moment. So I take a spoonful of the unrefined, melt it in the microwave (25 seconds) and combine it with my fruit mixture. No more slimy clumps floating around. I think it makes my skin brighter and hair healthier.

What are you feeding yourself? Do your lifestyle choices promote health and wellness for:

comfy nights in...


and wild nights out? 

No comments:

This site was made with love by Angie Makes