Wednesday, June 5, 2013

the quirks of merging a family

Four years ago, this month, I moved to Raleigh. I brought Marty-the-pug with me. Southern gent had had Rock-the-bulldog for a couple years. We merged into one big happy family. Despite the merge, we each confess to feeling like our original dog...is our dog. We each think our own dog is the more angelic. If we find mysterious puke on the floor, we might point to the other one's dog. But deep down we love them the same.
We are a strict 'no dogs on furniture' family. It wasn't always that way. There was a time when we slept with our mutts. But once you move into a new home and buy nicer stuff....it just doesn't seem right. Plus we love the stinky breeds that drool and shed like crazy. So stuff gets gross quick. Instead we invest in really comfy dog beds. They have charmed little lives, just closer to the ground.
In the last couple weeks, someone has been jumping up and scrunching my prized pillows. Southern gent was adamant it was my Marty. I thought he might be right.
Until today. I came home to this image.
No further comment.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Rocky......You can come and scrunch all the pillows at Grandma Joaner's anytime !!!

Liz said...

Can Marty come scrunch them Sunday-Tuesday? I forgot to ask!! :)

Rachel said...

hahahaha!!! That's hilarious :)

Anonymous said...

No dogs in the bed - whhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaat?

Máirín Maureen said...

Rock's inner dialogue: "oops, Mom's home!"

Tiffany at GirlGoneCoastal said...

Bahahahha -- that's awesome! My lil Marty knows better.....right!?!

Karie Taggart said...

I am like over a year behind on your blog. This is hilarious!!! Rock did it!!! Take that Brian ;)

This site was made with love by Angie Makes