Tuesday, May 7, 2013

day 7, most afraid of

I have accepted a blog challenge! The quest is to write every day in May. There is a new topic daily. Check out all the topics here

Day 1: Story of my life in 250 words or less.
Day 2: Educate us on something you are good at.
Day 3: Things that make you uncomfortable
Day 4: Favorite quote and why you love it
Day 5: Profess your love for your favorite blogger
Day 6: If you couldn't answer with your job, how would you answer the question 'what do you do'?

Day 7: The thing you're most afraid of
The greatest part about fear, is conquering it. My fears have fueled me through life.
"Courage is feeling the fear but doing it anyway" That quote has been a theme of mine. There have also been times when my fears have paralyzed me. I give myself pep talks all the time. I believe most of us are afraid of the same things...they are often things we don't have control over: getting old, alzheimer's disease, becoming disfigured, having a stroke, getting abducted, death. You know, the basics.
There are plenty of fears we do have control over. I am often afraid I am not spending my time wisely. I am so active and involved in lots of endeavors. But I sometimes fear I spread myself too thin and maybe don't always focus on the right things or the right people. I am constantly reevaluating my time and energy. I have high expectations of myself and I hope I can one day reflect on my life and say, 'I spent my time wisely.'

Let's try together to focus on the fears we have control of and give less time to the ones we don't.

Join me tomorrow for: A piece of advice you have for others. Anything at all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Once again, you wow us Liz! Thank you for your inspiring words!

This site was made with love by Angie Makes