Sunday, May 26, 2013

day 26: something you read online

I have accepted a blog challenge! The quest is to write every day in May. There is a new topic daily. Check out all the topics here

Day 1: Story of my life in 250 words or less.
Day 9: A moment in your day (just a photo or a photo and words)
Day 10: Most embarrassing moment
Day 11: Sell yourself in 10 words or less
Day 12: What do you miss? (a person, a thing, a place, a time of your life...)
Day 13: Issue a public apology.
Day 14: Ten things that make you really happy
Day 15: A Day in the life (include photos from throughout your typical day)
Day 16: Something difficult about your "lot in life" and how you're working to overcome it
Day 17: A favorite photo of yourself and why
Day 18: Tell a story from your childhood
Day 19: Five of your favorite blogs and what you love about them
Day 20: Get real. Share something you're struggling with right now
Day 21: A list of links to your favorite posts in your archives
Day 22: Rant about something. Get up on your soapbox and tell us how you really feel
Day 23: Things you've learned that school doesn't teach you
Day 24: Your top three worst traits
Day 25: Something someone told you about yourself that you'll never forget

Day 26: Something you read online. Leave a link and discuss
This article captivated me. It is something I often wrestle with. I want to write a positive blog. I want to add sunshine to others' lives. I struggle that the 'appearance' of my blog can reflect perfection. I certainly do not want to emulate a life without flaws....because my life is full of imperfection and doubt. It's easy to focus on negativity around us. It would be simple to write about struggles. But I don't want to marinate in those. I like talking about the good in life. The happy times. This May Challenge has been considerable because it has supported me discussing the realistic things parallel to the exceptional ones. 
I hope to continue that balance, in the months ahead.



Join me tomrrow for: A letter to your readers

2 comments:

Melanie Heyns said...

Thanks for that article. It's amazing how accurate it is.

I agree though, the May challenge has certainly forced all of us to reveal the negative and not so perfect aspects of our lives. I like it, because this way we all get to know our fellow bloggers on another level.

http://mels-corner.blogspot.com/

Tags said...

Good stuff...

This site was made with love by Angie Makes