Saturday, May 18, 2013

day 18: a story from childhood

I have accepted a blog challenge! The quest is to write every day in May. There is a new topic daily. Check out all the topics here

Day 1: Story of my life in 250 words or less.
Day 9: A moment in your day (just a photo or a photo and words)
Day 10: Most embarrassing moment
Day 11: Sell yourself in 10 words or less
Day 12: What do you miss? (a person, a thing, a place, a time of your life...)
Day 13: Issue a public apology.
Day 14: Ten things that make you really happy
Day 15: A Day in the life (include photos from throughout your typical day)
Day 16: Something difficult about your "lot in life" and how you're working to overcome it
Day 17: A favorite photo of yourself and why

Day 18: Tell a story from your childhood
As a teen, friends and I would occasionally sneak out of our homes. Defiant young people. It was mostly for the novelty. We would simply take a walk around the neighborhood and feel a bit of rebellion. One evening friends convinced me to meet them at the end of my street. They would send a cab. A cab in the suburbs of Chicago? Quite rare. I waited until everyone in my house was asleep and crawled out the basement window. The moon was bright as I scurried down the lane. Scared to death. There were no cell phones at the time, so I had to trust the plans from an earlier call. I arrived at the end of my quiet street and found a place to wait in a shrub. Hunched down, there was not a sound for miles but the beat of my heart. Suddenly I heard the bustling of footsteps approaching, running in my direction. I froze. With my eyes wide open, I slowly positioned my head to view the facial profile of those mystery feet. I was stunned to realize it was my own dad. I closed my eyes, took a deep breath and emerged from the bushes. "Hi dad" 
At that exact moment, the cab buzzed by our side street....slammed on the brakes...reversed...and pulled right next to us. My dad, visibly puzzled, politely told the cab he was free to leave. We walked back to the house, my tail between my legs and 100 questions. 

That night I retired from sneaking out. It's all fun and games until you're busted! thank goodness he was watching out for me. thank you dad! 


me @ 17 y.o.


Join me tomorrow for: Five of your favorite blogs and what you love about them

1 comment:

Tags said...

Love it!!! Pizza Man is one smart dude!!!

This site was made with love by Angie Makes