Thursday, May 16, 2013

day 16: lot in life

I have accepted a blog challenge! The quest is to write every day in May. There is a new topic daily. Check out all the topics here

Day 1: Story of my life in 250 words or less.
Day 9: A moment in your day (just a photo or a photo and words)
Day 10: Most embarrassing moment
Day 11: Sell yourself in 10 words or less
Day 12: What do you miss? (a person, a thing, a place, a time of your life...)
Day 13: Issue a public apology.
Day 14: Ten things that make you really happy
Day 15: A Day in the life (include photos from throughout your typical day)

Day 16: Something difficult about your "lot in life" and how you're working to overcome it
I will start by saying I certainly don't feel like a victim. I don't believe life is happening to me. I am fully engaged in this life. The phrase, however, implies something I have had to endure and learn to live with. What immediately comes to mind is my infertility. It's been a painful and confusing journey. I don't have angry feelings about it. I feel like maybe this is my path for a reason and I feel like I am finally settled into it. I want to walk this path with grace, that is my choice. I sometimes have difficult moments, luckily they are fleeting. This lovely life is such a gift. If what I currently have is everything I will have, I am certainly full. Full of joy. Full of peace. Full of gratitude. I will continue to be thankful for what I do have now. It took years to utter those words, and they are genuine today. Acceptance is a powerful feeling. 


Join me tomorrow for: A favorite photo of yourself and why

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are one of the bravest people I have ever known....brave with grace.

Tags said...

I have never loved you more or been more proud of you...

Tags said...

She sure is!

Liz said...

Aww, thank you Karie Tags! You are an incredible friend!
Love you too xo

Liz said...

Thank you for your kind words!

This site was made with love by Angie Makes