Sunday, May 12, 2013

day 12: what do you miss?

I have accepted a blog challenge! The quest is to write every day in May. There is a new topic daily. Check out all the topics here

Day 9: A moment in your day (just a photo or a photo and words)
Day 10: Most embarrassing moment
Day 11: Sell yourself in 10 words or less

Day 12: What do you miss? (a person, a thing, a place, a time of your life...)
I grew up in the midwest. There are lakes galore in that area of our country. In the midwest, people escape to lakes. I grew up spending weekends on the water. My parents owned a 27' Chaparral. We took trips with the boat and it comfortably slept all five of us in the cabin. We waterskiied and tubed. We spent afternoons at sandbars. We docked at restaurants and ate lunch. I had friends with lakehomes and I spent many a' weekends in Wisconsin. I was a regular in the Lake Geneva area. The Pies Family. The Shully Family. The Rasmussen Family. The Tracey Family. So many wonderful summer days. Very formative years of my life. The roar of a boat brings it all back. 




Join me tomorrow for: Issue a public apology. This can be as funny or as serious or as creative as you want it to be.

1 comment:

Tags said...

Miss it too!!! Boating was such a regular part of our lives. Now, boats just guzzle the crazy expensive gas. Never thought I would say it, but remember the good ole days?

This site was made with love by Angie Makes