Monday, March 18, 2013

home office!

song pairing: Whistle While You Work by Disney

If you have even the slightest twinge of OCD, The Container Store is a haven. I was there yesterday and my perma-smile radiated throughout the aisles. I actually said out loud to a few consumers, 'Isn't this place amazing?' They gave me an obligatory smile. I could get lost in there. I even agreed to view a 12 minute demo on home office. I learned a little about organization. It was wild.
This month marks the one year anniversary of Southern Gent and I moving into our new home. It's been a year people!...can't believe it! It's been the most amazing project for us. Little by little, we have conquered a room at a time. We have two guest rooms that had been lower on the priority list, but they are working their way to the top. One will function as a room for friends or family to stay. It's nice and cozy in there. It still needs some art or pictures on the wall, we haven't found anything we love yet. That's the thing about this process, we would rather a wall or room be blank than to have it full of things we only sort of like. The second room was lonely, dark and becoming hoarder like...until now. I am beginning to transform it into my home office space, hooray! It will be girly and wonderful. The desk is in...the chair has been ordered...the pendant lamp should arrive tomorrow...the rug is on back order, fingers crossed it becomes available this week!




Check out these pins. They were my starting point and inspirations!
Here, I love the desk in the middle of the room. Pink, light and airy. 
Here, I love the rack of pretty clothes. All my favorite dresses on display. 
Acrylic accessories make everything blend nicely. 

I might need to get {this} to dock mi telephono
{This} could function as a pretty paper weight

I use white throughout my home. It's simply my fave! Makes accessorizing a breeze!

Here is a sneak peek at the bare bones!


office look!

1 comment:

Tiffany at GirlGoneCoastal said...

Eeek -- I love it! I LOVE the pink rug! I even pinned it for future reference. That is going to look so nice!

This site was made with love by Angie Makes