Sunday, February 10, 2013

rest

Today I am allowing a restful day. I haven't left my couch. I have a little stool next to me with a Diet Pepsi, a water and my phone. Everything is in reach. I am all snuggled up in my fuzzy blanket. Tv is off. My mom brought me lunch and we peacefully chatted. I rarely grant myself days like today. Part of me feels wasteful and the other part feels deserving. There is nothing like a quiet space. All I can hear are the snores of my four legged friends. Southern gent is wrapping up a twelve day road trip. It's fair to say I pack my days full when he is away. Maybe in hopes it will go faster. I have been reflecting on the last ten days in my mind...here is my photo recap:


//i won a photo contest, hooray!!//had a girls night out with one of my favorite friends & talked about life's occasional misfortunes//had an outing to pinehurst to see a close friend and eat at our favorite place//dinner out & sleepover with my girl Em//hosted a little superbowl party for my grandparents,  parents & southern gent's parents//witnessed Henry's first starbucks experience//watched my neighbor's girls one morning//dentist appointment=2 cavities, yikes//afternoon with little man tatum//sushi date with dad//a fireplace makeover//triangle wine experience!!//


Every day was better than the last. But I sure am ready to have him home with me!

If he were here, I would make him this pizza



Live a balanced life. Learn and think and draw and paint and sing and dance and play and work every day. 
-Robert Fulghum

In the midst of movement and chaos, keep stillness inside of you. 
-Deepak Chopra

No comments:

This site was made with love by Angie Makes