Thursday, February 28, 2013

guest blogger: Style Caffeinated!

song pairing: American Woman by Lenny Kravitz

Today I enthusiastically introduce my first guest blogger! Easily the most stylish chic I know. 
Lexie, of Style Caffeinated, is a fashion blogger. She has impeccable taste. One of those females who just seems to balance life so well. I admire her passion, which is why I asked her to write for you! Please add her blog to your daily reads. She is a doll! I wear my chambray several times each week, in different forms. It's the most relevant piece in my closet. Here are Style Caffeinated's thoughts on the button down: 

When it comes to building a functional, highly wearable wardrobe I love to invest in quality pieces of clothing that are versatile, well-made and timeless. For me, there are certain items that are always in my weekly rotation.  Tried and true, they're classic staples that are go to items for daily dressing.  Typically, for pieces with this sort of longevity and versatility, I'm willing to spend more based on the cost per wear upside (i.e. the more times you wear it, the more bang for your buck!).
However, unlike a pair of killer designer shoes, amazing handbag, or piece of fine jewelry; there are other wardrobe staples that are less costly and equally as classic.  A chambray or denim button down is exactly this type of item.   While utilitarian by design, it can be styled in countless ways to achieve a ridiculously versatile array of fabulous looks.  With the exception of a black tie affair, it can be basically worn anywhere when accessorized correctly.  Some things to consider, when shopping for the perfect chambray or denim shirt, look for a version with slimmer cut sleeves (though not too slim, you want to be able to roll them up occasionally) and a medium to light weight cotton, tencel, or linen blend.  I prefer a lower percentage of linen to avoid wrinkling and also to allow the piece to be transitioned into the fall and winter months. 

I am loving this style by Textile Elizabeth and James. Style name is the Phoenix and it's currently on sale! Available HERE


Below, I've styled my denim button down 4 ways, but truly the combinations are endless!


1.  THE BREAKDOWN - NIGHT OUT:
*Rhinestone Necklace - Erickson Beamon
*Python Textured Skirt - Maje
*Crystal Encrusted Pumps - Casadei




2.  THE BREAKDOWN - WEEKEND CASUAL:
*Jacket to Vest Convertible Army Jacket - The Man Repeller for PJK
*Belt - Gucci
*White Ripped Jeans - Rag & Bone
*Booties - Isabel Marant Dicker Boots




3.  THE BREAKDOWN - OFFICE:
*Black Faceted Beaded Quartz Necklace - Anzie
*Grey Wool Trouser - A.L.C.
*Black Blazer - Dolce & Gabanna
*Pumps - Christian Louboutin Pigalle 120 in Black


4. THE BREAKDOWN - LUNCH DATE:
*Python Print Silk Tee - Equipment
*Skinny Capri Jeans - Rag & Bone
*Necklace - Melanie Auld Designs Gold Pave Encrusted Arrow
*Pony Hair Leopard Pumps - Christian Louboutin Decollete 100

I've enjoyed popping by The Lovely Life of Liz! One of my favorite blogs-Liz is one beautiful, creative girl whose posts always brighten my day!! 
For more of my fashion and shopping musings be sure to follow my blog at 

Lexie xo 

2 comments:

Tara said...

Hi Lexie & Liz!
Stoppping by to check out Lexie's post today!
Lex-so many great pics! I really enjoy this. I actually bought a denim shirt just like this and now I have some great ideas on how to wear it!! Cheers! Love, Tara xo

Stephanie Fournier said...

Great beaded necklace! :)
-Anzie

This site was made with love by Angie Makes