Sunday, December 16, 2012

merry marty


Today I am feeling exceptionally grateful. I am thankful for the people in my life. The holidays are such a festive time. I am feeling extra generous this year.
I am beaming that my grandparents live four miles from our home, this season. We visit with them often. Conversations with them always make me smile. At 88 and 92, they are wise souls.
I am full of joy that southern gent and his dad's kidney transplant was a success. Both are doing extremely well. The support we felt from friends and family was like nothing I have ever seen. We were moved by the spirit of giving that was afforded to us. Soups, salmon, lasagnas, pasta salads, baked ziti, green salads, ham biscuits, pizza, cards, flowers, cake, candies, chocolate covered strawberries, cookies, hospital visitors, phone calls, house calls, fruits, a basket from Harry & David, cans of kidney beans...it was an outpouring of support. It filled us with warmth. thank you!
In 2012 we moved to the neighborhood of our dreams. We are surrounded by good people we truly enjoy. We have taken time to make our house our home. It's our little haven of happiness. The best part of our day is our family walk in the evening. Us and the dogs.
My private practice has never looked better. I have worked hard to grow my business and that diligence is reflecting these days.

There are undoubtedly dreams in life I continue to yearn for. There are sad things happening in the world almost constantly. But I subscribe to the idea that our perspective drives our existence. I choose to be pleased with all the things I do have instead of where voids lie. It's easy to find the bad, I search for the good. I can honestly say this is the happiest holiday season of my life, so far.
I hope you, too, are seeking the good.



3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Haha! I love Marty under the tree! Merry Christmas to the Tatums!

Tags said...

Thank you so much for the uplifting message. You are right, it is very hard to look past all the bad in the World. Even though it is easier said than done, I am trying to focus on all the blessings in my life... So thank you friend for reminding me to do so. I love you very much <3

For All Things Lovely said...

Found your adorable blog through Damsel in Dior and love it! Can't wait to read more--Merry Christmas! xo.
Megan

www.forallthingslovelymr.blogspot.com

This site was made with love by Angie Makes