Saturday, November 17, 2012

oysters and change

Last weekend, my parents hosted their annual Oyster Roast! The freshest of shrimp, oysters and clams are prepared and served with corn, potatoes, sausage and bread. Everyone just digs-in and gets their hands dirty. Joel Givens entertained the crowd, in his typically fabulous fashion. A magician at a party is never a bad idea. I mean it when I say...this guy is jaw droppingly amazing. His talent is unexplainably fantastic! Please hire him for your next party! {here} is his website.
I love parties in my parents backyard.






This week, Papa and Gram are moving from Florida to Raleigh! My mom has arranged for them to live in a very nice local assisted living facility. I recently visited and found it quite charming. They have a house dog named Snoopy. love. A popcorn machine. yum. And the dining room is lovely. cheers. The staff gave us hugs and we found the home warm and inviting. There was a fire roaring in the fireplace, and an exercise class carrying on in the lobby. We will visit often. It will certainly be a huge change for the independent souls they have always been. I am confident they will find a nice life and good friends in these surroundings. We plan to be fixtures, assuring they are not alone.   

No comments:

This site was made with love by Angie Makes