Tuesday, September 11, 2012

the new space

Some would say 'A therapist's office only needs to contain a couch and a box of Kleenex.'  

Maybe that's true...but I think a reasonably styled room can positively influence the way we feel. 

I have been in practice for myself since 2010...working out of two very different offices. One space is in a suburban office building. The other is in the heart of downtown. Both were previously furnished, so I was able to walk in and start business. The suburban location has a southwest theme. The downtown spot has a 'yard sale/eclectic' feel. Both cool, but neither quite match my style.    

Recently, I transferred my downtown location to a new neighborhood. I reside in a two story, charming Victorian...down the street from universities and buzzing restaurants. I am sharing the space with a fabulous colleague of mine...and she happens to have impeccable taste. She supplied the furniture..and I went to work on paint, plants, throws, rug & accessories! I wish I would have taken more 'before' pictures. But this was all I captured. 

We changed the color to Whispering Wheat!


And since then...the space has been transformed! 











So many stories will be shared in this room. 
Tears, Laughter, Sorrow, Joy, Disappointment, Empowerment...just to list a few.  
I think we created a space of tasteful comfort. I want our clients to feel at home and at peace in the new digs. I do believe our surroundings dictate the way we feel. 

And this spot makes me feel like one happy camper

10 comments:

Tiffany said...

Looks so good! I would totally love to have therapy there. Good job Liz! So proud of you and all you're acomplishing. I know you are too!

Elizabeth said...

Liz the new space looks so good!!! :D

Liz said...

thank you thank you, ladies!! xo

Julie Livingston said...

looks great Liz! You have such great style :)

Tracy @nystoopmama said...

So cute! Love the patterned chairs. SO much better than my old therapist's office which was in her basement. With sticky leather couches. I need therapy to get over that therapy.

Liz said...

:D

Tags said...

Love it!!!

Gina Beckwith said...

You are amazing! Loved this!

Liz said...

awwww! thank you Gina!! xo

Liz said...

Thank you Julie! I learned from the best!!

This site was made with love by Angie Makes