Tuesday, August 7, 2012

sauteed shrimpies

I have always loved grocery shopping. I remember as a child, our first stop would be the deli section. With a family of five, we often bought several pounds of meats & cheeses. I recall eating slice after slice of muenster cheese as we perused the aisles. Ewww. but oh-so Yummm. 
These days I stiiill love grocery shopping. I won't quote how much I spent the other day, because it's downright insane. BUT I got tons and tons of delicious options for southern gent & I to munch on. Oh and the pups got some new treats too. 
On this last grocery shopping excursion, I decided to incorporate more seafood into our lifestyle. We almost always order it while dining out, but haven't experimented with it much ourselves. So I started nice & simple.

  
Olive oil..butter..salt & pepper! Doesn't get much simpler than that, folks!
Humor the rookie ;)

Wedge salads are the newest obsession. I know, I know...iceberg lettuce doesn't have much nutritional value BUT you can always add some of your own value on the outskirts of the wedge itself! 


Shrimp, tomatoes, avocado & blue cheese dressing! Sounds like most of the food groups to me!

3 comments:

Tags said...

That is the only story you have to share about grocery shopping??? Ha! I have Muenster in my fridge as we speak. YUM! Although correct about the Iceberg, that dish looks phenomenal!!!

Your Mom said...

Ohhhhhhh, YUMMY !!!!! Looks delish!!!

Liz said...

thank you ladies!! love you xo

This site was made with love by Angie Makes