Thursday, April 19, 2012

thankful

hey guys!
I'm back and calm as ever! It only took a couple days, not too shabby!

You know how most people say nothing changes when you get married? So many people told me this pre-nuptials. They said this was especially true since we lived together while dating. They assured me that nothing extraordinary suddenly happens after those vows.
Well, I am here to say I--beg--to--differ.
For me, everything is different. So much changed. Life began. I have never felt so alive. Being married is the most phenomenal thing that has ever happened to me. Being married to my southern gent is the ultimate connection in this lifetime. It is the most unique relationship I have. Nobody else holds his title, and I love that.
This thought came to mind in the last couple days. I was frazzled and my partner rose to the occasion. He bailed me out of the stress I was grappling with. I had a list of 'things to do' that overwhelmed me to the core. He grabbed the list....and took over. He gave me the gift of comfort. We do this for one another all the time, each time I am more grateful than the last.

Pick the right mate. It is the most important decision of your life. If you are struggling in a relationship, work hard on it. If you aren't in a relationship, be patient...it is worth the wait. 


4 comments:

Tags said...

You are too cute. So true. Will you send this to Steve? Ugh! Rough night... Hawks lost...

Liz said...

Playoff hockey is stressful, keep the faith :D

Brigid Malia Sexton said...

I LOVE this post and I could not agree more. Being married to the right person is the most amazing thing ever!

Liz said...

So glad you can relate Brigid! I can tell you landed a perfect mate for you too :D

This site was made with love by Angie Makes