Saturday, February 18, 2012

my work


I am so thankful to work in the job of my dreams. I have worked my tail off to get here. Unpaid internships, strenuous paperwork, rigorous commutes, waitress jobs, spotty supervisors, amazing mentors, court rooms, hospitals, wilderness treatment programs, non-profit organizations, years of education...just to name a few.

Every moment of building my career was worth it. Today I am in private practice. The walls of my office have seen every emotion in the spectrum. There is a myriad of tears, memories, pain & shame shared within those walls. Sometimes in the midst of a session, I say a prayer in my own mind. The pain my client feels is too much for me alone to bear.

But those walls also hear laughter & see smiles :D There is an abundance of growth & gratitude shared in our sessions. My clients are some of the brightest, most insightful people I know.
The majority of my clientele are adults but my practice is also open to kiddos. Boy-oh-boy are children a Joy! They bring me Christmas cookies and make me Valentine's. They are authentic & honest. They really do say the darndest things. Kids draw me loads of pictures. It is my pleasure to share these 2 recent sketches with you. I find them priceless and charming:



My favorite tip for anyone who works with kids..always, always have bubble gum & jelly beans. These alone will make you like-able. It's a fact. Do you notice both drawings reference jelly beans? Yep!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute! One of my favorite pictures is on my fridge and says "miss I do not know your name...this is you." It's a picture of "me" and my shirt says "I love to help kids." it's hilarious what they come up with.

Joanie said...

They are all so lucky to have you !!!

Tags said...

See how priceless your "engagement present" is! Thank you Jelly Belly Factory!!! Your welcome kiddos :)

Tags said...

Sorry... "YOU'RE WELCOME" is what I meant. I am nuts...

Liz said...

jelly beans have proven to be key in the therapeutic process ;D

This site was made with love by Angie Makes