Wednesday, January 4, 2012

a work of art

In early December, my mom and I had a night out! We visited a creative studio in Raleigh called Wine & Design. The artists convert original pieces, local artistry & photographs onto canvas. They prepare your personal replica in advance, and your job is to show up with snacks and a spirit or two. You literally paint over the image. The music cranks up, the aprons are tied & creating a masterpiece is commenced.
I was passionate about painting southern gent and my house. We won't always live here and I never want to forget this bungalow we call home. Mom painted their backyard shed my dad built by hand. It is a gem in their bountiful yard. Sounds easy, right? We were there for 3.5 hours! More tedious than we imagined....but so-darn-FUN!







5 comments:

rach. said...

cuuuuuute.

love, rach.
www.so--hi.blogspot.com

Karie said...

Those are so neat!!! You and Joaners do such fun things! Sad that I would never even think of finding something like that to do... Fun! Fun! Fun!

Liz said...

Thank you ladies!! I love love love hearing from readers :D

Sarah said...

That looks like fun! I have one of those places right by my house

Liz said...

Sarah, definitely give it a try...you won't be disappointed!

This site was made with love by Angie Makes