Tuesday, January 31, 2012

British West Indies



We just returned from an incredible getaway. Grand Cayman is the best place we have ever retreated to. Friendliest people & bluest waters. This trip tested my theory of vacations=adventure. Typically I am
all-geared-up to explore and be constantly active on vacation. Last week we sunk our tails in the sand, and it was exactly what we needed. I lost myself in a book, which is a phrase I have never used.

Every single night we slept for 10 hours

There was only one day we woke up with a plan. That was Stingray City day! We joined a small group on an excursion to beautiful snorkeling spots as well as a sandbar inhabiting dozens of these amazing creatures. We fed them squid and gave one a kiss. It is 7 years of good luck, the Caymanians say.



After we frolicked with the sea life that afternoon, all I wanted for dinner was Italian. I could not find it in my heart to eat anymore seafood. I know I am way too sensitive, but I loved those fishies!



One day we ventured into town to shop around and get a taste of the culture



But other than that, it was a lot of this:








Yes, that is floating table & chairs..we spent some time out there too! Ingenious!

A week with my Lve was marvelous. 


2 comments:

Tags said...

I think we need to plan a trip there! You need to talk Steve into it during next year's All-Star break! Can't wait to hear more :)

Liz said...

Let's make it happen...you know we are game! xo

This site was made with love by Angie Makes