Monday, November 14, 2011

organic baby shower

Sunday I hostessed an organic baby shower for my fellow vegetarian buddy. She is very earth-friendly, which I always admire. Her registery reflects it perfectly. Check it out {here}. I wanted to honor her life theme, so I went with an a-la-naturale look for the invitations. Aren't they worthy?

The gathering was at Humble Pie, one of Raleigh's more unique dining experiences. It's always on the forefront of my brain when people inquire where to feast. Check out their loungy ambiance {here}. We were served a delicious family-style brunch fit for queens. Frittatas, blueberry pancakes, shrimp n' grits, breakfast burritos & potatoes. All our tummies were warm by the end.

A couple girls brought games for giggles & entertainment.

we guessed, by sense of touch, objects inside each bag
baby themed word de-scramble


a mimosa for muah
Naturally, the grand finale was the cake. Virginia is naming her daughter Camellia, after the beloved bloom. In an effort to tie it all together, Cupcake Envy designed a cakelet favoring a pot of camellias. It wowed us all. Check out all of their treasures {here}. Remember southern gent's bulldog cake {here}? Yea, I know...they are crazy talented.


cupcakes to match made for a bountiful presentation

1 comment:

benilhalk said...

Organic baby shower idea seems to be really unique. I went for annual function organized by my son's school at one of the spacious venue New York last month. All the performances done by the students were really praiseworthy. Loved the awesome preparations.

This site was made with love by Angie Makes