Saturday, September 10, 2011

happiest of birthdays

So often when I write in a birthday card, I wish a friend or family member the 'happiest of birthdays.' This year I decided to create just that, on my birthday.  On Thursday I turned 33 and made it a spectacular day! I took the day off from seeing clients and filled my afternoon with all things I enjoy. My southern gentleman mixed me a smoothie and delivered it bedside. He headed out to work and I drank my diet pepsi and sipped on a mixture of strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and banana. It was scrumptious! I showered up and slipped into my shirt pictured above. No shame, wore it all over town. I relished in a professional massage and facial & had mac n cheese, for lunch, on a restaurant patio. Met my friend Christy for an hour midafternoon, and treasured some time with her as well. B came home from work and we exercised together, yakking the whole way. I requested a quiet night at home, cooking dinner side-by-side. That is precisely what we did. Tranquil nights at home are few and far between these days, and are sooo appreciated on special occasions.



Even our furry friends were in the birthday spirit
     
Southern gent and I shared bites of a giant cupcake, on our giant couch as I read the manual for my new fancy Nikon.
Love was abound and there is simply nothing more I could have wished for.


1 comment:

Liz said...

The Chinese carton on the table is filled w candy! I promise we cooked!

This site was made with love by Angie Makes