Monday, September 19, 2011

bubbling spring of health

Sometime last week, an email appeared in my inbox. The message was from an individual who said she was a fellow chic in small business. Her craft is Acupuncture. She requested a Starbucks meet-and-greet to network and exchange business cards. Any excuse for a vanilla chai, I'm in.
After awkwardly scanning the cafe, finding only ladies working quietly alone...Elyse & I spotted one another and grinned with relief. It was like a business blind date.
We settled on the patio and immediately began gabbing. This woman was bright, articulate, well versed...even asking me questions about my field I didn't know the answer to. I was impressed, slightly intimidated. She spoke about the positive effects of acupuncture on overall health. She explained the concept that Western Medicine assumes health as simply being a state of 'disease free.' I agreed, realizing the truth in that statement. I definitely consider myself health conscious. I have been a vegetarian for 10+ years, craving nutrition and fitness. But I also understand and recognize that self improvement should be ongoing for life. She talked about balance awareness and management of overall physical and emotional well being.
Two hours later, Elyse and I were saying goodbye and an acupuncture appointment had been scheduled...for me! Why not?

Today was my first acupuncture treatment aaaand it was interesting. groovy. different. cool. Elyse did a full health evaluation, followed by a treatment. She concluded I am very healthy but that with the support of acupuncture...my bubbling spring of health will continue indefinitely and I may even become more alive and well. If you see me skipping down the sidewalk, this explains it.

No comments:

This site was made with love by Angie Makes