Thursday, September 22, 2011

Broughton 91'

I clearly remember a text message I received from southern gentleman, before I moved to Raleigh. It simply said, 'I have great friends.' He was on the town that evening and must have been relishing a moment. It wasn't long before I understood the truth in that message.
B still remains in close contact with the same crew he played high school baseball with. I admire the way he values these friendships. The even more marvelous part about this group...their classy wives. This collection of gals have welcomed me into their lives and made my uprooting and rerooting, a little breezier. Oh boy, do we have some fun together.

Recently, we all rendezvoused for a wine tasting. This was a silent auction item that B and I bid on, after a few too many glasses ourselves. We decided on the Italian theme and rallied the people we knew would enjoy it most.

The vino was a' flowinIt was a classroom setting, fit with a powerpoint presentation.
We learned appropriate wine terms in class, my favorite being oaky. I called everything oaky. I just like the sound of it. Earthy is another good one. Oh buttery & peppery too. The basics of the wine tasting include the 4 S's. Swirl..Sniff..Sip..Spit. We complemented the tasting with an italian dinner at Vivace where we delighted in even more grapes. I would say, the entire evening was Delizioso!


The very next weekend, was their 20 year class reunion. Another unforgettable night filled with a collection of people southern gent has rich history with...and I am collecting memories with now too!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Thanks to you and B for setting up a great night for
everyone. We couldn't be happier to have you in our lives!
-Tiffany

This site was made with love by Angie Makes