Sunday, August 21, 2011

grow with goals

There is no excuse to stop growing as a person. I believe we should all grow, in some form, each passing year. Emotionally, physically, spiritually, personally, professionally...there are many options to choose from.
I work on all of these, on an ongoing basis. I guess it's the therapist in me. I am usually setting a goal for myself around this time of the year. That's right, it's getting close to my birthday time. I decided long ago that I would do my resolutions each year at my birthday. I like to do something new and interesting each age. Since I am turning 33, entering into my 34th year..it's about that time again. I have decided one of my goals this year is to become a stronger writer. The funny thing is, I have never been a big reader. I was reserving it for later in life. I truly had a feeling that one day it would become more interesting to me, and that time has arrived. First things first...I identified that non-fiction stories are my thing. I don't dig the fiction reads. So I'm reading more, it's nice...and sure beats the television. I do believe it will help me find inspiration as I work to improve my writing skills.

So as my new goal continued to speak to me, I decided to find a tool for reinforcement. I discovered and purchased the book Discovering the Writer Within. The book contains 40 days of writing exercises to explore and enhance creativity and imagination. I started today. This is exciting! So, yes, one of my goals this year is to advance as a wordsmith.. Oh and to learn juggling. Yes, I am taking a juggling class in October.

This site was made with love by Angie Makes