thank you 2016! this year embodied so many wonderful things. i consider myself a risk taker. i love to try new things and i thrive when challenged. this year has been no exception. sit tight and enjoy my top 16 favorite things from another year in this amazing world!
16. early in the year i was chosen to take over the RDU Baton for a day. it's an instagram account that promotes locals as they share a day in their life. it's a great way to find new places and see the plethora of new/old hotspots in the Triangle. here is a collection of the photos i posted:
*sunset on a running trail*marty's favorite ice cream shop*my sweetie's office*favorite design store*favorite salon*my office*farmer's market*dream neighborhood
15. in march i had the pleasure of scoring a ticket to TEDx Raleigh. i knew my friend sara would be into it, so we attended the event and had the best day together! it was a bucket list day for me. brilliant & profound speakers entertained and educated us all day. one speaker stood out to me, and left a lasting impression. lynette lewis had a fascinating and inspirational story. during her TED Talk she spoke the words "when one dream is on hold, go live another dream." those words resonated with me and healed me in a way no other words ever had.
14. in may i hired my very first assistant, stephanie. i like to say she's the 24 year old version of me. we connected immediately and she has helped my business tremendously. her support has enabled me to have the brain power to do what i do best. she handles everything behind the scenes so i can show up and be the best clinician i can be!
13. christmas eve is one of our favorite days. this year was no exception. we feel so fortunate our families live close and we can have everyone to our home that day. our special guest was incredible as usual and always provides the magical feeling of this season.
12. mid-summer we had our very first nephew sleepover! it's such a joy to see these little guys get along so well. uncle B and aunt Liz took them to franky's fun park and there was a sundae bar before bed. the next morning was full of pancakes, bacon, blueberries and silliness.
11. in june we traveled to canada with some amazing friends. it was an action packed week of planes, cars, UTV's, ziplines, golf carts, fishing boats and ferries. we ate well, laughed hard and jumped in a freezing cold creek all together.
10. just recently we had a fire pit area built into our backyard. the pillows are being delivered this week. we are currently using it every single day. i am totally obsessed. hot cocoa + marshmallow flavored vodka? yes please.
9. in may we traveled to Vegas with some great friends! this photo was taken at the Hard Rock Pool. we basically regress to teenagers when we are with this crew, it's the best ever!
8. in june i visited my soul sister, virginia, to meet her newest addition Flora Louise! this is a more recent picture. Camellia is my spirit animal. they are definitely friends who feel like family. i treasure every moment with this crew.
7. in september i enjoyed a private dinner with a few favorite gal pals for my 38th birthday. it was filled with good vibes and incredible female energy!
6. this year i have gotten very close to this special soul. brian's cousin Jesse Rose has become one of my favorite people. we have spent a lot of time together this year and i simply adore her!
5. 2016 marked 20 years since i graduated high school (sigh). i was beyond excited to see all the faces and hug all the friends i grew up with. my heart was exploding the entire weekend, i could barely handle the flood of happy feelings.
4. this was our view, from bed, in aruba. maybe the best vacation we have ever had. it was epic.
3. in february i had the honor of being a keynote speaker at a Sports Wives Retreat. i tried to play it cool but inside i was terrified. i worked diligently on my presentation and was very proud to be included. what a thrill.
2. i couldn't choose just one, so here is a brief collection of new things i learned/tried this year. i hope to always have the passion to learn.
*calligraphy class*iMovie & Keynote classes*macaroon & chocolate making classes*two broadway shows*added to my art collection*attempted flyboarding*explored essential oils*took my first spin class*improved my make-up game*
and the #1 best part of 2016 was my parents new beach house on Topsail Island. this addition has improved our quality of life tenfold. i went 10+ times in 2016. the memories we have already made and the ones we plan to make are endless.
gratitude is the secret to life. always count the things you DO have first. it's ok to be sad about things you don't possess, but please don't spend too much time on that. change your situation if you can, but accept the things you cannot change. life is really good, friends! See the Good & Be The Change. xo